Internet security is important for customers and distributors alike.
By observing just a few simple tips you can easily increase your personal security when ordering over the Internet:
- Wherever possible choose long user names made up of several different characters; on our website this is your email address.
- A password should contain at least eight characters and have both letters and numbers. Choose a password that you can remember but not one that others near you would easily think of, such as your first name and year of birth. If you want to write down your password, keep the information in a safe place. Remember that a password is like your ATM code.
- If you do forget your password, you can request a temporary password at any time and then change this to a new password.
- For credit card payments it is essential to use the 3D Secure options of Master Card and VISA (all credit card purchases at the Austrian Mint are secured this way). In this way you create an additional security level that protects you in the event anyone writes down the security code on the back of your credit card; it is always visible when the signature is being checked.
- Enter your personal information only in an encrypted area and make sure that all the data collection is done in this area. Encrypted areas on a website are marked as such in the address bar and start with https://. Some browsers even show the picture of a closed lock or are coloured green.
- Handle your personal information confidentially and set up more than one user on your computer if you are not the sole user of it. Remember that given the service mindset, information on forms, user names and passwords are saved in most browsers. Enable these memory functions. This means a little more typing but a higher level of security.
- Operate your computer wherever possible behind a firewall and regularly use antivirus, antispyware and other protection programs.
- Please remember that unsecure WLANs are accessible for everyone within the signal range and your computer may be accessed too if it does not have additional security.